Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Uncle is a fan of Amuro Namie


My aunt requested for me to burn her a CD of Amuro Namie's songs. My uncle happens to be a fan of her, and everytime Namie appear on TV, my uncle always receive a tease from my aunt and my cousin. I had difficulty finding songs of Namie on the net, instead I gave them a copy of Beyonce's song since my uncle also like Naomi, the Japanese "Beyonce". My uncle always listens to it on the car and never even change it since I gave the CD. In short he, became hook with Beyonce. We even sometimes heard him singing a part of Crazy in love and Single ladies over and over. Funny it was. After watching Music Staion, a Japanese variety show, in which Namie's one of the guest, promoting her new album, my uncle receive again as usual a tease from her daughter, a bit shy my uncle blurted out 買って (buy it) several times. That's when I decided to burn him songs of Namie.

Namie Amuro (安室 奈美恵)

Born in Naha, Okinawa. Amuro debuted at the age of fourteen as an idol in the girl group Super Monkeys. Amuro left Toshiba-EMI after releasing two more solo singles; she continued her music career as a solo singer with the then-small independent label AVEX-Trax. Under the guidance of producer Tetsuya Komuro, Amuro quickly became a commercial success, producing several million-selling records and starting several fashion trends. Her single "Can You Celebrate" (1997) became Japan's best selling single by a solo female artist. However, in late 1997, Amuro put her career on hold to focus on her pregnancy and engagement.

Over a decade since her musical debut, Amuro has remained one of the longest surviving popular female acts in Japan. She is the only Japanese female artist to have achieved a Top 10 single each year for fourteen consecutive years.
Thanks Wikepedia..

No comments: