Thursday, June 18, 2009

Go Uchida!


My uncle likes watching sports on TV such as baseball, K1 kickboxing, soccer and so on. In the Philippines, basketball is the famous sports, it was only when I came here that I got interested in baseball and soccer. Well baseball is Japan's national sports, when the World Baseball Classic 2009 started, it was really the talk of the town here in Japan, out of curiosity I became a follower of Japan's battle in WBC, it's triumphant victory was a big buzz here in Japan. Honestly I've never watched any soccer game. Back then the first thing that comes into my mind about soccer is the movie Shaolin soccer, David Beckham not as a soccer player but because of his wife Victoria London and off course Ricky Martin's Cup of Life which is the official song of the World Cup, France 1998. Here in Japan, because of their exposure on TV as endorsers I became familiar with soccer player like David Beckham, and Ronaldinho. But out of those big names in soccer, it was Atsuto Uchida that really pull my attention in soccer. I really got hooked with his charm, butnot because he's a good soccer player, I just enjoyed watching him while playing. I follow every game of Japan Soccer team in preparation for the World Cup 2010 because of Uchida. I have watched Japan vs Australia soccer match yesterday, though Japan lose to Australia I will still continue to support Uchida, Go boy Gnabatte ne! I am a big of yours.

No comments: