Saturday, August 15, 2009

Chillin at the Beach

I am always looking forward for OBON yasumi or Summer holiday. This year Obon was held from August 8-16. Last 2 obon seasons I travelled back home in the Philippines, but this year I decided to stay and enjoy my vacation here in Japan. In Japanese practice obon is a time to remember ones own ancestors as well as the dead in general, in short it was like All Saints Day and All Souls Day in Roman Catholic calendar. As for my yasumi, I reserved my first 3 days holiday for my part time jobs, Then do some household stuffs like cleaning and so on. My family decided to go to the beach just to chill, I forgot the name of the place where we went but I think it is in Nishio just near Okazaki. Here in Japan we only get the chance to go to the sea once or twice a year so my cousin Arisa was looking forward for it, in fact, she`s the one who woke me up early in the morning that day. The place we went is not so crowded, we built our own tent, arrange the table and the seats for our relaxation. Though, it`s hot as usual, I felt relaxed because of the wind blowing softly. We had onigiri (Japanese rice balls), packed lunch, chicken, snacks and refreshments. I had a great time swimming in the sea, sleeping at the tent, enjoying the view and taking pictures. So, here are the pictures I have taken at the beach....

People were swimming towards the raft for a dive experience

Ouch! it hurts, my aunt with Arisa

Ayumi with his name written on the sand

Arisa taking a pose with her name on the sand

And me...

Cute kid enjoying the sand

Smile... me and Arisa


Arisa`s rubber clogs
People at the beach

No comments: