Sunday, August 16, 2009

Yokohama for the 2nd time around

My friend was very eager to meet his girlfriend in Yokohama, since it will be his first time to go there, he asked me if I could come with him and make me his guide. This will be my 2nd time to visit Yokohama so, I barely knew the place.

Yokohama is the capital city of Kanagawa Prefecture. It lies on Tokyo Bay, south of Tokyo, in the Kanto region of the main island of Honshu.

Going there we decided to take the Highway bus because it`s cheaper. We leave Okazaki around 7 am and take the bus in Nagoya around 8:30. Spending 6 hours at the bus does not even bored me. We have reached Shinjuku around 2 pm and take a 20 mins. train ride to Yokohama. We directly went to our hostel, A Silk Tree Yokohama located in Ishikawa Cho.

Last time we went to Yokohama we tour the city by bicycle, so with another friend we decided to rent a bicycle. We will only stay in Yokohama for a day, since we have no time, I took my friend in Minato Mirai 21, it`s good to see it at night. It`s a good thing to roam around with a bicycle. We went to World Porters for dinner, went to Cosmo world, ride the largest Ferris wheel n the world, watch a street performance at Queen`s Square Yokohama. For the 2nd time around, staying in Yokohama for just a day still don`t satisfy me, but made me want to explore for more...



No comments: